Splice Protection Sleeves Fusion Splicing
Quality splice sleeves. Quantity Discounts!
Wide selection, all sizes for any application. High-quality splicing protection sleeves from FiberTool® are designed to meet or exceed Telcordia Standard TA-NWT-001380. These splice sleeves are made up of an outer cross-linked polyolefin heat-shrinkable tube, an inner hot melt tube and a stainless steel or ceramic strength member.
FiberTool™ Fiber Fusion Splice Protection Sleeves Features:
- Resistant to corrosion, heat and cracking
- Restores strangth of optical fiber coating after splicing
- Quick shrink time during installation in field or lab
- Internal sealing shrink material protects against varying temperatures and humidity levels
- The splice point inside sleeves and the color of the fiber can be easily seen
Splice sleeves provide vital protection at the fused juncture between two fusion spliced optical fibers offering rigidity that prevents the spliced area from bending or flexing. Our splice protectors are designed to restore the structural integrity of the fiber.
Provides Maximum Lasting Protection of Fiber for Splicing
- Variety of Single and Multi-Fiber Sleeves
- Durable Tempered Stainless Steel Reinforcement Rods with Rounded and Polished Edges
- Exceed Telcordia Standard TA-NWT-001380
- Outer Tube Meets SAE AMS-DTL-23053/5 Class 2
- Inner EVA Meltable Adhesive Tube
- Full Length Strength Member for Total Fiber Support
- Close Dimensional Tolerances
- Heat Bonded Assembly
- Fungus Resistant
- RoHS Compliant
- FPS-61-2.6 – New Slim Sleeve with Pre-Shrunk Ends to Improve Fiber Placing Accuracy and Reduce Shrink Times
Our fiber optic fusion splice protector sleeves are manufactured pre-shrunk in a heat-bonded assembly that consists of three components:
- An inner tube of EVA hot-meltable adhesive
- An outer of heat-shrinkable tubing
- A reinforcing strength member
The hot-melt adhesive inner tube bonds to both the fiber and the heat shrinkable outer tube to encapsulate the fusion splice joint and provides vibration damping and an environmental seal, protecting the fiber from damage and contaminants.
The outer high quality irradiation cross-linked polyolefin heat shrinkable tubing provides an instant shrink-force and drives the adhesive liner into all areas of the splice and excludes all the air.
A choice of strength member (stainless steel, ceramic or non-metallic) provides additional rigidity to prevent misalignment, micro bending or breakage of the fiber. Flexible pinless splice sleeves are also available.
The complete assembly is pre-shrunk, providing a heat bonded assembly. This guarantees the sleeve components will not move or come apart during shipping or during installation.
Our pre-shrunk design also provides the advantage of just one aperture, the EVA inner tube that is visible at each end of the splice sleeve. This single opening provides greater assembly accuracy and repeatability and prevents the misplacement of the fiber.
Our fiber optic fusion splice protector sleeves are compatible with all splice sleeve ovens and trays. Custom sizes and lengths can also be manufactured to customer’s specification.
Our splice sleeves and the materials used are manufactured in an ISO9001:2008 accredited environment,Telcordia (formally Bellcore) Certification and has BT approvals for most splice protection sleeves we sell.
CAPACITY: Single | Ribbon – LENGTH: 60mm | 40mm | 35mm | 25mm | 20mm
POST SHRINK DIAMETER: 3.0mm | 2.65mm | 2.4mm | 1.5mm | 1.2mm